June 27, 2011

day twenty-three, twenty-four, twenty-five, twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty-eight

hi.
long time, no blog, eh?
It's Day 23's fault: Sunflare
See I was working towards something like this (found on pinterest)...
sunflareinspiration
but it didn't work out like that.
My hesitation started when I could barely see the sun all week. We had a lot of rainy overcast days last week. And then my timing was always off... the sun was either to high or I missed it entirely and it was set.
Therefore I am moving on and keeping it as a future challenge. To get a sunflare....

Day 24: Animal

This theme proved to have its own issues. Particularly that when I hear animal, I think "bella" and immediately get sappy and think about my boxer baby. {who, by the way is recovering from a cold, but on the mend... thanks for asking!}
Then there is the stray dogs and horses and I could not possibly subject you to them. They break my heart. So, I would like to introduce you to another kind of animal... known as my Colombian pet...
animal
I am under the impression that this Chilean wine is available in the United States... confirm or deny?
blackcat

Day 25: Something Pink
I go through fruit phases. I truly love all fruit and eat a variety of them, but there is usually one that I am completely crushing on and can't get enough of....
Until, I fall for a different one.
A few weeks ago it was mango-madness.
In Houston, I was obsessed with oranges.
Currently I am worshipping the watermelon.
watermelon
I think I mentioned before that they don't have 'seedless' watermelon here, so I do a lot of unladylike behavior, by spitting my seeds.

While on the topic of pink....
This picture went out to a few friends last week with the caption:
{Notice anything different about Colombian mannequins?}
pinkman
Well, do you?

Day 26: Close up
Back to the fruit obsession thing I have. These are another one...
frzgrapes
Frozen Grapes. I love. I seriously enjoy them more than 'thawed' grapes. They are a delicious icy treat, which is such a blessing on these warm Colombian days. If you've never tried, I recommend. Rinse your grapes, then throw them in a ziploc in the freezer. You will have a new fruity fascination.
mattclose
Matt and I had another nice weekend. We are finally getting settled into our apartment. I wouldn't say it feels like 'home' yet necessarily, but we are very comfortable here. Sunday we practiced tradition and spent some time at the beach followed by a steak dinner and some red wine.
And so far, I appear to be rash free. This was my first time in the sand and water since I 'cleared' up.

Day 27: Distance
Today was a Colombian holiday. There is a lot of holidays here. I believe 18 total. Unfortunately, Matt works all of these holidays, but they are observed by many people... so the beaches were filled with 'happy holidayers'.
distance
See those yellow tents up and down the beach. Those are set up each morning by some vendors. They provide you with some chairs to sit under {I don't sit under the tent as I prefer to soak up the sun while oceanside} and you pay to 'rent' the tent per chair. I believe it's approximately 2000 - 3000 Colombian pesos per chair, which is $1.00-1.50.

Day 28: Flowers
flowers
Yes, I was that girl and worked ahead. I figured it was the least I could do for being such a slacker lately.

No comments :

Post a Comment