June 19, 2011

day seventeen, day eighteen, day nineteen, and day of the father

guess what?

I am writing blog posts from our bedroom while I watch television. That's right folks...
We have entered the modern times in Cartagena.
No more little wireless connection that could. 
We are now working with  the 'Mateo' connection. Literally.
Which brings me to...

Day 17
Theme: Technology
technology
Friday, my Directv amigos came and checked me out of rehab and pushed me off the wagon by providing me with television. I am in a very happy place.
Saturday, the internet providers came and gave us our own little wireless signal that CAN. 
Although there were lots of Spanish speaking strangers in and out of our home words can't describe our happiness.

Day 18
Theme: Shoes
shoes
I took the shoes from my side of the closet in the master bedroom {the rest of my shoes are in the guest room, I did bring an entire suitcase of shoes people}
These are the shoes I wear most often, lots of flip flops and wedges. My feet are pretty happy with the Latin American lifestyle as they have not been sacrificed for fashion in a while. 

Day 19
Theme: Something Orange
Now that I am beginning to settle into my new home 'nesting' is setting in {can this happen to non-pregnant woman? If not, this is not an announcement of any kind} 
The decor details of the apartment tend to take over my brain. 
The biggest detail: art
The art work that the owner provided in the living room really isn't our style and to be honest it is completely random. The color scheme and concept has nothing to do with anything else in the room. {look at the link here for previous pictures of the living room}
I saw this little project on the Young House Love blog and decided since I had some time on my hands I'd give it a go. 
orangeart
orangeart3
orangeart
It has many imperfections {especially up close} but that's a part of art, right?
It is a very different color scheme than I am used to, but when in Colombia, change it up. Matt is a big fan of orange. 
At 885, he convinced me to paint the office an orange hue because he researched that orange stimulates the mind and would be perfect for an office space. The office was orange for approximately 24 hours. Total.
The scale is a little off so I am thinking of doing some smaller canvas' on the side. It is still a work in progress.  I apologize for all my rambling. 
The bottom line: it's better than the fuchsia plant. 

Dia de Padres
fathersday
Dads.
They're the greatest.
And Matt and I truly have the greatest. They are always available for us and help us solve problems from miles and miles and miles and miles away, just like they did when we were under their roofs.
Cheers Dad.
We love you.
Happy Fathers Day.

No comments :

Post a Comment