June 13, 2011

day eleven & day thirteen

well, it happened. I missed day 12. mostly due to the fact that the theme was a sunset and I wasn't home nor did I have my camera at sunset. so please forgive me, but day 12 will be shown out of order.
...and while we are on the subject of my skillz, check this out.
wineskillz
A job like that deserves skills with a 'z', right? My recipe Friday night called for some white wine. I attempted to use the standard wine opener that was provided at the apt and quickly discovered it was broken. Plan B was this "special" wine opener we bought in Napa, that we quickly discovered only Matt could use. When I attempted to use it, I ended up pushing the cork in, pressurizing (Matt's word) the bottle, and took some wine in the face. So I rewarded myself with a glass.

now, down to business.
Day 11: Something blue

Something{s} blue...
bluebath
{When I was getting ready Saturday morning I realized I have quite a few blue-toned products}
bluec
{a blue bandanna. but to me it means a lot more than that. before I joined the cast of "The Real Housewives of Cartagena" I worked as a counselor for a non-profit that provided services to youth that are involved in the juvenile justice system. It was an experience that absolutely changed my life and I am so thankful for the opportunities I was provided. I met so many interesting young men and women who truly touched my heart. My dear friend and former co-worker Brandi equipped me with this blue piece as a memory of my 'gangsta ways'}
bluepool
{this is the pool that is located below our patio off of the master bedroom. It's the kiddy pool. The adult pool, complete with a swim up bar (back up: this isn't like an all inclusive resort with a bartenders and liquor in the pool, there is simply a bar) is under construction, but set to open next week}

Good News.
My rash is healing and practically gone. This weekend I was able to bare my ankles without anxiety.
Matt and I went to the Old City and wandered, hoping to familiarize ourselves with the different areas, stores, bars, etc. I am sure he is more familiar. The only way I could get you back to where we were is if I got lost and stumbled upon it.
clocktower
centro
If the pictures above look familiar, it is because I have taken pictures in the area before. And yes, I am familiar with this area. I could get your there and back. Impressed?

On Sunday, Matt and I traveled to the mall for one last large haul. This is our updated apartamento.
livingroom
Notice anything different?
decor
decor2
We picked up a few items to personalize our home. We also purchased another tv. Now we just need to get Directv out here so we can actually watch it.
patio
Matt saw this one on sale as we left Home Center. I imagine it's color (hot) may have had something to do with it's price, but we had been looking for more seating for the patio and this little number had 4 chairs. We moved our small set to the patio off the master for now.

Day 13's Theme: You with 13 things
Random.
A few things to note: 
*Today was pilates & cleaning day. Hence my casual attire.
*Speaking of casual, I have made a decision. After weeks of blow drying & straightening my hair, only to have the humidity do a number on it, I am going au'natural. Some spray & a diffuser is much easier.
*It's hot here. Sunday was a temp of 90, but felt like 107. And the McQuinn's are experimenting. Due to the high cost of air conditioning we are seeing what it is like to leave the windows & patio doors open during the day. Some days the breeze is amazing. This was not one of those days.
sday13
1) A picture of the Bella. There are more pictures of that darling girl in this home than anyone else. I had a dream the other day that I returned and she didn't remember me... so technically I guess you could call it a nightmare.
2) My cell phone. After losing it, I don't like to have it out of sight for too long. And today I had to go to the store and pay my bill. It was much easier than I originally anticipated. I spoke all Spanish during the transaction (it was a rather quick transaction).
3) My pilates socks. 
4) The special cream Doc Cartagena gave me for my rashy arms. It was rather pricey but totally did the trick. Rash free.
5) After pilates, Alice and I took a gander at some shops near our apartment. I found some shorts. I did mention it is hot here right. And the 6 pairs of jeans I brought that I thought I would be wearing... wrong. Jeans have been worn twice. To a movie. Apparently chilly theatres is a universal thing. 
6) On my shopping trip I stumbled upon some lotion from Victoria's Secret. They do not have those stores here, so I was quite pleased to find some lotion that I know does not make me break out in a rash.
7) Nail polish. I intended to paint my nails. I can now tell you that did not happen today.
8) Agua. I received a bit of a "lecture" on the importance of drinking water this weekend. While I have decreased my Coca Cola light consumption, I still need to work on increasing the H20.
9) My mop. These white floors are my enemy. They are high maintenance and I am constantly finding my brown locks all over the place. I will be bringing a swifter back from the US. Until then, I mop. a lot.
10) I also wash a lot of towels. Here is evidence.
11) Does this look like Tide? That's why I bought it.
12) My ipad. Our Internet signal is not strong enough for me to connect to the bookstore so I have been reading a lot of the samples I previously downloaded. Last night, we visited the Alexanders and I downloaded 3 books:
The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls
The Smart One & The Pretty One by Claire Lazebrik
Gangs in Garden City: How Immigration, Segregation, and Youth Violence Are Changing America's Suburbs by Sarah Garland

My reading taste is quite eclectic.
13) Sex and The City: Season 3. SO happy I brought the entire series. I could watch them over and over. And they are truly my only form of television right now. Thank goodness it's good television.

Well, that brings us to the end of one really random post that has been written through the day at really random times.
And guess what?
I missed that sunset again.
See you on day 14.
    

No comments :

Post a Comment