June 6, 2011

Day Six

Theme: From a low angle


About a year ago (literally) I shared our Texas Dilemma of choosing a piece of art to represent our Texas Lifestyle (if you have no idea what I am talking about you can catch up and read about it here)


Well, we solved that Texas Dilemma, but I have to back up a bit.
Last year I found this artist named Gregg at Modern Bird Studios who had a really unique way of taking
photographs and turning them into art. This is a little bit about the actual process:
"Each piece requires a tremendous amount of attention, detail, and time to create. We take a photograph, and break it down into a two-color, a three-color, a four-color image, or a five-color image which results in abstract shapes that make up the form. We then choose contrasting colors to create the painting. The result is a marriage between technology and traditional painting to create a totally hip urban-style art piece that enriches your home."



I knew that I wanted a piece, but was waiting for the perfect time. For our anniversary, I surprised Matt with a custom piece from Modern Bird studios. Was it a picture of us? Heavens no. It was Bella.
(seriously, we have a good amount of large framed pictures of us that hung at 885 East Drive. I think the addition of a painting would have been overkill)
bellart
bellart2
(Yes, this photo was taken in Colombia. Because we brought the art with us.)

Now, let me bring you back to the Texas Dilemma. We knew we wanted our piece of art from Texas to have something to do with 885 East Drive. It was our first house and we were so proud of the home we created there. After much research and looking at different artists, we decided to contact Gregg again for a piece from Modern Bird Studios. There was a lot of emails and proofs as we worked together to find the perfect way to solve our Texas Dilemma. Because we were in the process of moving I had the piece shipped to my parents, so I have not seen the finished product, but I am quite excited about it...

 ...because I will get to see the finished product in August. I just booked a trip back to the States for a few weeks in August/Sept. Matt will be working on a "turn around" project, which in my language basically means they shut down the refinery completely to do maintenance and additional work. Therefore the refinery is making no money during this time and work is all day everyday until the refinery is up and running again. So, my husband will be McRobot. 

I am excited about my trip... gives me something to look forward to. And, I don't know if he would admit it, but Matt's excited too... He doesn't get the house to himself too often anymore. 

No comments :

Post a Comment