September 24, 2012

268/366

As of this morning this was Matt's packing situation..
DSC_0022
this was mine..
DSC_0017
Since then I have made some progress. In fact, I am happy I let Matt take care of his to do list first. A few months ago the tour company sent us some information regarding our upcoming trip. This included a guide to packing, which stated that during the packing process look at each item you plan to pack, think about when you will wear it, if you do not plan on wearing the item at least three times...
Do not pack it.
I choked when I read that statement.
That's like four outfits.
That number haunts me.
I am, by definition, an over packer.
Sometimes I think I've gotten better, but then I remember that it took 10 full/overweight suitcases to get us here.

After seeing Matt's casual packing style, with plenty of options, and room for a few treasures along the way,
I allowed myself to breathe and move forward.
And that I did.
This is the only time I will admit this, but it was helpful not to have access to my entire wardrobe.
{I already regret that statement}
While I may be repeating a few items over the two and a half weeks
I have more than 4 outfits.
and 16 pairs of underwear.
That was never even an option.
A backpacker I am not.

No comments :

Post a Comment