September 10, 2012

254/366

|five things|

{1}
I recently discovered a way to watch the Today Show.
The Today Show has a video podcast, which is accessible through AppleTV
{which has made me one happy expat, more on that another day}.
I'm always a day behind,
as in tomorrow I will watch Monday's episode,
but I relish starting my day with coffee and American morning programming.
However, I have to say, The Today Show is definitely not my preferred morning show.
I am a Good Morning America girl all the way.
But once again, I live in Colombia, therefore I can't be picky.

{2}
This morning I took a walk along the bay with my camera for some 'shooting practice':
DSC_0028
DSC_0038
DSC_0051
DSC_0055
DSC_0062

{3}
A recent conversation between Matt and I lead to this startling fact:
In our six years of marriage, we have lived with four of his colleagues.
Yes.
When living in Louisiana, post hurricane, there wasn't a lot of housing choices, so they paired people in two bedroom apartments.
Our first roommate, Shareesh, a young man from India, who liked to eat cake for breakfast, watched 'thrilling'/terrifying horror films, and loved himself a fast food center.
Our second roommate, Ben, a nice guy from Australia, who was respectful of space and did not eat cake for breakfast.
In Beaumont, shortly after buying our first home, we had another guy our age live with us while he tried to find a place for him and his fiancé to live in the area. We shared our first Thanksgiving with them and in the end they had an opportunity to return to the midwest on another job.
Lastly we moved in with Jared into his big old house in Beaumont, shortly after ours sold. Bella got her first dose of living with another dog and we enjoyed our final days in Beaumont, with a friend, who joined us in such random events like a 'Beaumont Dive Bar Pub Crawl' to give our Texas Lifestyle a proper goodbye.
Lots of memories.
But I'm done with random male colleague roommates.

{4}
I could really use a good solid boxer fix
117.366
but I am starting to get excited for our trip, which helps to distract me
... two and a half weeks:)

{5}
Today I made strawberry salsa to go with our dinner... Caramelized Pineapple Quesadillas
DSC_0069

No comments :

Post a Comment