September 12, 2012

256/366

I like surprises.

When Matt and I traveled to Medellin I switched purses. At one point during our trip I opened up a small zippered pocket and found a ticket...
DSC_0008
from a trip to the Biltmore last August with my mom and Aunt Betty.
It made me smile and I immediately put the ticket back in the little pocket.

The other day I switched purses again, zipped open a front pocket to stash my keys, and...
DSC_0007
this little ticket was hanging out from a concert I saw with three generations of Schoenfelder's this spring in Kentucky.
Popped that one back into it's spot when I thought about that evening and all the fun antics of a weekend spent with family.

In my wallet there is a compartment that doesn't get used much and in it sits these...
DSC_0011
Disney tickets...
from the last two times I visited.

I love finding small memorabilia in the most unexpected places, which is why I use airline tickets as bookmarks and hang on to cards and tickets.

Why did these small pieces of paper bring me so much joy?

because they represent people, places, and things that I love
they stop me in my Colombian tracks and make me think of special moments and celebrations surrounded by those I love.
So no, it's not the paper itself, but what it signifies.

After I took these pictures, I decided it was okay not to put the tickets back in their little zippered pockets. I have the memories and that is what truly matters...

Okay, I didn't throw all of them away. I put the Disney tickets right back in that compartment. I will probably always save our Disney tickets.
That's just me.


No comments :

Post a Comment