September 6, 2012

250/366

My maternal grandparents are big into antiques.
They can spot a beat up beauty at an estate sale a mile away, take it home, care for her while she is refinished, and boom.
Gorgeous piece with a story.
We've been blessed with a few of the pieces they have refinished and love the way they have fit into our home.
These pieces have helped define our style of decorating, giving us an eclectic edge.

My first year of teaching, as a gift, they gave me a antique school teachers chair, which I loved.
I've even seen a few items on design blogs of similar chairs used in home offices or as statement pieces...
which makes me excited to have a 'home' to decorate in the future.

When I think about visiting my grandparents I think of all the antiques, vintage items, and the stories.
I think of embroidered flour sack towels used to dry the dishes after each meal
I think of the pillow cases embroidered in a folky vintage simply chic design.

In the spirit of tradition and celebrating generations
I'm embroidering my own pillow cases.
I thought this home could use a more eclectic vibe...
a little bit of folky vintage simply chicness
DSC_0016
plus taking the time to think of family memories puts a smile on my face.

No comments :

Post a Comment