January 2, 2012

NYE: Cartagena


Our first NYE in Colombia turned out to be a fabulous one.  Matt spoke with a woman at work who helped us get tickets to a restaurant in the Old City that included live music, dinner, & champagne all while sitting outside in Plaza Santa Domingo. The key component was that they closed off the square and only those with tickets could enter, so these Americans didn’t have to fight the crowds (there was a lot of people in the Old City saying adios to 2011).
 Colombia2012-1
 colombia2012-2
 colombia2012-3

(take note: alice is wearing her red wrist band on her ankle. That girl cracks me up)
colombia2012-4

(we are posed in front of the statue of ‘La Gorda’ created by the artist from Bogota)
colombia2012-5
colombia2012-6
colombia2012-8
colombia2012-7
colombia2012-9


Observations from my first NYE in Cartagena:
* lots of people wearing white, gold, silver
* they love them some hats... these were handed out to everyone around midnight
lots of families attend New Years Eve celebrations together. I observed people of all ages with their parents, children, etc. Loved watching moms dancing among their 20 something kiddos.


photo a day
Today I received an email from a friend inviting me to participate in a Photo A Day challenge for the month of January. I’m all for practicing with the Nikon and why not have a little fun with a theme each day. January 2012 is going to start off with a whole lotta blog posts with a whole lotta pics...


Day One: The (dreaded) Picture of you
photographychallenge2012.day1 
Full Disclosure: I feel like a total dork taking pictures of myself. If someone walked in while the above photo was going down, I might just die of embarrassment. Yet I see lots of chicas taking pics of them selves all the time. In the car on the way to work, strolling along the street, in the club. One of those girls, I am not*
*unless I got my hair did and am sending it to the girls for approval... told you it was full disclosure


Day Two: Breakfast
photochallenge2012.day2
In case you were wondering, I eat the cereal dry. No Colombian milk enters the bowl.

Hasta Mañana.

No comments :

Post a Comment