January 14, 2012

Day 14: Something You're Reading


I’ve always been a bit of a multi-tasker.
Every morning while I blow dry my hair,
I listen to music & read 
Matt is mystified by my ability to do this. 
But hey, that’s just me.
This is my current stack of reading material.
photochallenge2012.day14

The Oprah Winfrey Show: Reflections on an American Legacy - Although most of my time in this book has been spent looking at pictures thus far, I have gotten to a bit of text. I think I can say in confidence that each time I open the pages of this book, I will smile.

Vogue: Espana - Matt surprised me with some magazines for Christmas, including this Spanish Vogue. I don't indulge in many magazines here in Colombia due to their prices. A magazine costs approximately 30,000 COP which translates to $15. Not exactly the impulsive grocery store purchase I was used to in the States. I have only looked at the pictures in Vogue {extremely happy when I saw a feature on SJP}. I've thought about taking it in to my Spanish teacher and asking for homework from Vogue. I would much prefer Vogue over the article I received last week on hobby helicopters.

InStyle - I've always loved InStyle.  Due to the rarity of its presence I'm trying to read it very slowly and savor the pages.

Understand Exposure - Matt got me a new photography book for Christmas. I am quite excited about diving in and listing it as one of my current projects. I even bought some new Post-It tabs. The teacher in me loves Back to School season.
{did I mention it's Back to School season in Colombia?}

ipad - seriously. 
I say a little thanks to my buddy Steve on the daily for the ipad. 
{Did I mention it's Oprah's Favorite Thing EVER?}
It's been a wonderful addition to my life. Especially since my life went to living on another continent.
English books are very hard to come by here and when you find them they are terribly overpriced {shocker.} 
I'm currently in between books on the ipad {recommendations welcome} and going through many of the samples I have downloaded.
I just finished The Magic Room by Jeffrey Zaslow. It was a great book that follows the stories of several different woman centered around a popular bridal boutique in Michigan.  It had me thinking of my own dress shopping experience and all the special memories I created with my mother and the other special women in my life.
Also, if you've never read The Girls from Ames, by Mr. Zaslow, it's a must.
Note: Ames is the home of Iowa State University, my alma mater. 
Now I'm off to multi-task and see how many of these books I can put my nose in before bed.

No comments :

Post a Comment