January 28, 2012

Day 27: Lunch


Oops, I did it again.
Missed a day of posts.
But I have to admit I've beens slightly distracted lately
preparing to leave for such a hiatus
and saying my 'Hasta Luegos"

Yesterday for lunch I met with Katy & Alice for more of a goodbye gathering.
Katy, my American/Colombian friend, is leaving Cartagena the same day as me for the States.
But she will not be returning. 
She has a wonderful opportunity in Australia
which selfishly is a no good thing for me.
To end on a high note yesterday,
we sat at the beach bar,
ate some lunch,
{I had ceviche}
soaked in the sun,
and shared some cocktails & laughs.
Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of our wonderful day. 
I just enjoyed it.
Discussions of how different we feel now that we have been here for 9 months- one year.
Things we wish we would have done differently in the beginning.
And how I have no idea what I would have done had I not met Katy that first night.

In the spirit of a photo challenge, 
here's a picture of us from this summer....
August2011

No comments :

Post a Comment