January 22, 2012

Day 22: Shoes

photochallenge2012.day22
This pile of shoes are accompanying me to the US.
Did I mention I have a flight to North America in 9 days?
Ok, let me start at the beginning.
Remember Bella's tear in her ACL and that surgery business we discussed.
In the fall, when we were in the States
Matt and I visited with the vet regarding Bella's leg
and came to the conclusion that we would schedule the surgery in March
as plans were in the works for me to meet mis padres & Misty for a Disney World Spring Break

{i think beyond enthusiastic is the best way to describe my feelings about Spring Break 2012...
Did I mention Misty is a Disney World first-timer?
And yes, I am totally making her wear the pin that announces her first time status,
so the kind Disney World employees will bombard her with pleasantries}

Post surgery is supposed to be pretty intense so after some discussions,
Matt and I reached the decision that I would stay through Bella's rehabilitation
as to not leave the responsibility of healing our dog to someone else. 
Matt's next trip to the States will be in June for a Chicago wedding, 
so rather than flying back to Cartagena and turning around to come right back in June,
we decided I would stay through and we would be reunited in June.
March 2 - June 11.
But then that changed.
{welcome to my life}
When Matt started his crazy work marathon he mentioned the possibility of me
 returning to the US earlier than March.
After a lot of conversations about the issue
and assurance from Matt that I wasn't abandoning him
he would get more sleep
and we can survive 4 months of emails & skype sessions
I changed my ticket to return home February 1.
Our adventure continues...

No comments :

Post a Comment