November 13, 2012

surprise

Our sangria had just been poured and light conversation carried around the table, when Matt spoke up
and it went a little something like this...

I received an email from Kathleen and Misty that they were going to be in town for Thanksgiving and the weekend of your birthday, so you are going to fly to Chicago to spend your 30th birthday with them. But before that you are going to go to Tennessee, to celebrate Thanksgiving with your family.  After Chicago you will head back to Tennessee for a few days, before you go down to Florida with your parents.  After Florida you will spend a little bit more time in Tennessee before you come back to Cartagena.

I tried to wrap my brain around that entire string of surprising statements as my eyes filled with tears. I was completely overwhelmed with information, but was most amazed by my spectacular and unselfish husband.  He was sending me away, to enjoy my favorite time a year, a Thanksgiving with family, and a birthday weekend with my besties, while he stays back to work.

As our dinner conversation continued I remained stunned, while Matt shared that he had attempted to make birthday weekend plans for a getaway to Aruba.  He had all the details set, when he went to run it by the boss man. That's where that plan ended.  Matt is currently working on a project that involves a 10 million dollar crane and deadlines are looming {which falls right around that 30th birthday weekend}.  Rather than throwing in the towel and admitting he tried, he worked even harder to make my birthday a special one.
As I attempted to fall asleep that night, my mind raced with thoughts. Thoughts of the surprise that was just handed to me and what it meant {BELLA, Bella, Bella!, fall, boots, sweaters, besties, family, pumpkin, Starbucks, Target, Christmas aisles at Target, and the list went on and on...} but also thoughts of how blessed I am.

This November I am reminded of how thankful I am to call this guy mi esposo.
nov11-1

Did I mention I'm excited?!?

No comments :

Post a Comment