November 14, 2012

319/366

We had another lovely day of quality time, sun, pool, and Colombian culture.

I was dreading this part of the week for some time... the end. It is a lot harder to say goodbye when you are separated by an ocean rather than state lines.

Matt took all the anxiety out of that as I will see my parents again, a mere 48 hours after their departure.

But I will miss this, the morning scene I have awoken to every day this week.
DSC_0123

For our final dinner we went to the Old City to check out the Sofitel Hotel/Santa Clara.  We had a lovely meal, one of the best I've had in Cartagena.  The Santa Clara Hotel was originally built as a monastery in 1621 and is one of my favorite spots in Cartagena.
photo
photo copy
It was the perfect environment to end a week of surprises, laughter, adventure, and memories...
and to toast to doing it all again soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment