November 8, 2012

313/366

My parents arrived and so did a whole'lotta goodies.
313.366
I've got pumpkin scones to bake, a London puzzle to work on, and non Holiday themed coffee cups to drink out of.
Tim and Ann have had quite the adventure from the get-go.  Upon their arrival, the driver got stuck in quite a bit of traffic and I was late picking them up from the airport. I think I was more stressed about it than they were.  Our ride home was quite interesting as they witnessed people dressed up for the festivals, spraying one another with soap, knocking on the car windows, and an occasional piece of raw meat being thrown through the air.  Like our previous visitors, I think they were surprised by both the heat and the 'rules' {or lack thereof} of the Cartagena roads.
We enjoyed time together, over some wine and Jameson, while listening to the waves roll in.  As tradition goes, we took them to Carbon de Palo for dinner, where we said 'salud' to travels, family, and my am-ah-zing husband who shared some pretty exciting news...*

*{that's a whole other post that is soon to come}**

**{and no, it's not any news about our next adventure of the future...sorry folks!}


No comments :

Post a Comment