November 24, 2012

329/366

The "About Me" section of this little blog is in need of an update.
I am no longer a twenty-something and neither is my husband.
Welcome to 30!
{word is it's the new twenty}

My 30th birthday started off waking up in-between my two besties, a 30 year old slumber party, and spotting these festive balloons.
november24-1

After a delicious homemade breakfast and coffee, Kathleen and I headed out to do some shopping.
I was on a mission.

See, I love shoes.
I am not quite sure when my love for this specific accessory began, but it has grown through the years.
To welcome me into a new level of adulthood, my very thoughtful husband decided I needed a pair of classic shoes, Christian Louboutin, with their signature red lacquered soles.
I died and went to 30 year old shoe heaven.
The only unfortunate thing was that after catching my breath, I couldn't get the shoes on my feet.
Not even a little bit.
And you know I tried.
So Saturday, Kath and I headed to Saks with a mission, to be women who shop for Christian Louboutin shoes.
Honestly, in the end, I was happy they didn't fit, because getting to walk around Saks trying on several different pairs of shoes was a gift in itself.
november24-2
After trying on a few different styles, I decided to stick with the style that Matt picked out and got them ordered in the correct size. Unfortunately Saks didn't have them in stock, so I wasn't able to wear them that evening.
In hindsight, that was probably a good thing.
I don't know if that was the best time for their debut.

nov24-16
The birthday evening began with cocktails, including Wild Hibiscus Flowers in our champagne.
nov24-17
329.366
For dinner we headed to a new restaurant in the area, Bistro Dre.
nov24-7
We enjoyed a lovely chef's tasting meal that left people discussing their favorite dishes for hours {and days} after.

A local drinking establishment was next on our agenda, where an evening of shots, stories, hugs, and celebration ensued.
I'll let the pictures tell the story.
nov24-4
nov24-8
nov24-6
nov24-12
nov24-5
november24-3
nov24-9

Time and tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty. 
- Robert Frost -



No comments :

Post a Comment