November 16, 2012

321/366

My day was full of errands, packing, and making sure my husband is well fed in my absence.

I have a scheduled pick up at tomorrow morning at 5:00 am
Matt has a scheduled pick up tomorrow morning at 4:15 am.  His work hours have been extended with his current crane project.

Tonight we toasted, with water, over salads from Brioche, to spending our 40th birthdays together.

I had a few gifts to open.  Matt made me hide in the bedroom and I walked in the living room to find this...
DSC_0121
A gift from the girls, Kathleen & Misty, which I am SO excited to debut over the birthday weekend... a gorg necklace.  I will likely be searching for an ensemble to compliment it.

Kath included a sentimental gift that had my cup running over.  She wrote 30 favorite memories from our friendship and folded them, herself, into paper cranes.  Matt had printed each of them and folded them into paper planes, so I wouldn't tear up all Kath's work. It was a wonderful trip down memory lane that left me laughing in between moments of holding back tears. It was an incredibly thoughtful gift and I look forward to being reminded of all those memories each time I glance at that jar.

Matt's parents found me the perfect gift... ornaments to document our big European holiday.  The one thing I looked for in Paris was an Eiffel Tower ornament, but unfortunately couldn't find one anywhere.  We bought a very simple Eiffel Tower souvenir with plans to make it an ornament ourselves.  There is no need for that now... I have the perfect Eiffel Tower ornament, complete with lots of sparkles which reminds me of the way the Iron Lady sparkled at night.
DSC_0127
They also found a lovely Elizabeth Tower/Big Ben ornament, which is perfect. I loved London and we stayed right by Big Ben... so it leaves me with all kinds of memories.

It's been a pretty special 30th...

and I still have a week of being a twenty-something left.

No comments :

Post a Comment