April 19, 2013

George

Speaking of Royals, Baby McQuinn has his/her first nickname.
By now we've mentioned several times my father's love of Royals baseball and his favorite player, George Brett, who he and my brother had the pleasure of meeting in January.  
Back in January, during the retelling of his encounter with George, my father asked if Matt and I would consider naming our first born George.  At the time, Matt and I knew of our little darling, but hadn't shared the news with our families. We thought the name request was hilarious and I was convinced my dad was on to us.
When we shared the news, my parents joined in on the laughter {through the tears}and immediately stated they would be referring to the bambino as George for the next 9 months.
Even though we don't plan on finding out the gender and George lends itself to the masculine side of things*, we have so much fun with the name and prefer George to the title of "it".
The George theme has also lent itself to a few cute gifts...
curiousgeorge

*Sometimes George is referred to as George Ann.
Currently, neither of these names are on the list.


No comments :

Post a Comment