April 24, 2013

nursery update

It's still a work in progress, but with each project that gets crossed off the list we get one step closer to completion and I get more and more excited. 

This weekend my mother finished the stencil on the wall of the nursery. I love it and can take absolutely no credit since I had nothing to do with the painting process. 
DSC_0001
We also had a new light fixture installed yesterday.
A good DIY blogger I am not, because I have done a horrible job of taking before pictures, so we will focus on the after. 

My big job, besides picking out paint colors, involved using a power tool. Matt was pretty excited about this, until I told him which power tool it was. 
An electric sander.
april2013-2
We sanded and are painting an older dresser than my parents had navy blue. I'm pretty excited about this project as it's our first pop of navy in the room.
april2013-1
I found an accidental picture of the before light fixture. 

I've done some crib hunting and sent lots of pictures to Matt and I think we may have decided on a place for our little darling to lay his or her head. I can't wait to get a crib in this room.  With each project it begins to feel more and more nursery like, but I think the crib is the icing on the cake.

No comments :

Post a Comment