April 26, 2013

five things

{1}
I spent the last few days hiding my face or wearing fake glasses to distract from my face. I used a new facial product earlier this week and woke up the next morning with a bit of a red raised rash. By afternoon the rash was covered in white bumps. It wasn't cute. I called the nurse and told her about my rash situation. She assured me it wasn't pregnancy related, but that my skin may be more sensitive and to take some Benadryl and call if the rash didn't go away.  This morning I awoke with no rash.  After all the skin issues I've had in Colombia, I shouldn't have been surprised to have something come up during pregnancy.  This girl will be sticking to her trusted hypoallergenic products from here on out.

{2}
Lola had her second round of chemo yesterday.  About a week after her last treatment we noticed a drastic difference in her energy level. She had to be carried up to bed and didn't move much throughout the day.  My mom called the doctor and they said that a week after treatment is the most difficult point, so these symptoms are to be expected. Thankfully a few days later her energy returned and she was back to running in the yard and greeting us at the door.  Her blood results showed that that her blood count was too low after her last treatment, which explained her energy loss. The doctor told us yesterday he decreased the chemo by 20% and explained that we should not see the same effects as last time.
lola

{3}
This commercial makes me misty eyed.

And I love that it's in English & Spanish.

{4}
Speaking of Spanish...
I came across this last week and literally couldn't help myself.
IMG_0068

{5}
This girl digs the new ride.
bellacar

No comments :

Post a Comment