April 7, 2013

five things

{1}
On Thursday Lola had her first round of chemo. After consulting with the oncologist last week, my parents made the decision to move forward with chemo. There is a 40% chance that the chemo will shrink the tumors and another 40% chance that it will stop them from continuing to grow.
She did fabulous at her first treatment. The staff raved about her and how lovey she is {she is the snuggliest pup I know} and she has been doing great. Still running in the backyard, greeting us at the door, and wagging her tail.
photo 1

{2}
I've been battling a cold for the last week and I am finally on the mend. Sore throat, cough, runny nose, and body aches. Although I can't exactly say the body aches are from a cold. I think they may be from the in-studio barre classes I took last week.

{3}
My grandparents are in from Minnesota. We spent the weekend at a cabin in the Smokey Mountains. It was beautiful weather this weekend which made the views even prettier. We spent the weekend visiting, antiquing and exploring the area and ended our Saturday night with a show at Memories Theatre, home to Elvis & Friends. It's an Elvis tribute show with an Elvis impersonator. We also saw Conway Twitty, Cher, and Kenny Chesney. Talk about some entertainment...
DSC_0013

{4}
I miss doing this with her.
photo 2

{5}
DSC_0020
This book was my weekend sidekick. If you read Momastery blog, you already know. If you don't, you should and you should read this book.

Love wins.

No comments :

Post a Comment