April 15, 2013

bourbon blues

While my weekend didn't look like I had anticipated {no Kathleen} an impromptu trip to Kentucky seemed to turn things around.
On Saturday morning my parents, grandparents and I piled in the car and headed north to Kentucky for an afternoon of bourbon.  For lunch we stopped at a little well known stop called Wallace Station, which has been featured on the Food Network's, Diners, Drive-In's, and Dives.  It's food like this, sandwiches with yummy sauces on home made bread, that I desperately crave while in Colombia.
After lunch we made our way to Woodford Reserve for a distillery tour.
april13-1
april13-2_edited-1
Last summer I discovered the world of bourbon and became a fan. While I didn't get to partake in the best part of this tour {the tasting}, I still enjoyed the education and time spent with family, as well as an alcohol-free bourbon ball.
april13-3
april13-5
april13-8
april13-9
april14-6
april13-10
april13-11
april13-12
april13-13
april13-14
During our impromptu trip, we only had time for one distillery tour, but if you only have time for one tour, Woodford Reserve is the way to go. The grounds are gorgeous and the history is amazing.
Bonus: I got to see some horses.
april13-15
We rounded out our weekend with a trip to the Pour House for a relaxing lunch and boat ride.
april13-17
My first visit this season to the Pour House left me feeling excited... for sun, summer salads, and of course, Kathleen's next visit.

No comments :

Post a Comment