April 12, 2013

five things

{1}
I'm currently hanging out in bummed-out town. Not where I thought I would be this weekend. Kathleen was scheduled to arrive for a weekend of wine {for her} & cheese {for the both of us}, long conversations, mani/pedis, & shopping. Instead Mother Nature intervened and her flight was cancelled, making it nearly impossible to get here before the weekend was over. On the bright side, she rescheduled. So now I just have another weekend to look forward to.

Despite my disappointed state, here are a few things that make me smile...

{2}
My first purchase for baby McQuinn
photo 3

{3}
DSC_0016
Her silly stubborn self makes me happy daily.


{4}
This snuggly girl...
photo 1
She's been doing really well however it's apparent she is feeling quite weak, which breaks my heart.  According to the doctors, at this point in chemo, she is at her weakest.  So I am hopeful, this phase will be short lived and her Lola energy will return shortly.

{5}
This happened on Wednesday.
photo 2
We bought a car.
I feel a little less homeless, a little more settled, and a lot more adult with a car.
When we found out we were expecting, Matt thought we should begin looking at cars and started the research {totally his job in our relationship}.  We decided on a Ford Edge and he began communicating with a sales person in Knoxville. I showed up for a test drive and to sign my name on the line the following day.
My parent's asked me what my favorite thing about our new car is.
My response....
"It's mine."

No comments :

Post a Comment