April 1, 2013

Easter

We had a lovely Easter weekend...

we dyed eggs & I baked a carrot cake.
april2013-2
When I went to the store for ingredients I was completely overwhelmed. In a good way. But it took me far too long to find baking powder. I also was shocked when looking for carrots. I needed about two. However, individual carrots were not for sale. All the produce is bagged, chopped, or shredded. Holy convenience. Convenience is not a word I have ever had to translate into Spanish, because I fairly sure it doesn't exist.

Bella and I went for a nice Easter walk.
april2013-1
I love this face.

We participated in our annual Easter egg hunt. 
We facetimed with Matt so he was able to participate as live as possible. I had to find 3 eggs, while Gib, Tyler, & Alysa each found 4 eggs. Then Matt was able to choose one of the extra eggs from them.
Tyler and Matt decided to make a trade before the results were read...
april2013-3
which worked out well for Matt. He traded Tyler an egg worth $1.00 and a peanut butter egg for the $100 dollar egg. Tyler has received the $100 egg, through trade, for the last 2 years so it was about time that the streak ended.
Matt walked away with $111 and two boxes of hot tamales {something we love and doesn't exist in Colombia} and I've got $25 and a gift certificate to Abuelo's, my fave Mexican spot in Knoxville.
It was a successful Easter for the McQuinns.

We also closed on the celebration of this boys birthday week.
april2013-5
We took in a hockey game Friday night, dinner on Saturday night, and gifts and cookie cake on Sunday for this 26 year old man.
april2013-6

Splendid Easter.
Splendid 96 hours in America.





No comments :

Post a Comment