April 18, 2013

All American

On Tuesday I packed up the car with my parents and brother and headed south to Atlanta for a baseball game.
An all American outing.
I've mentioned before that my father is a huge Royals fan and we grew up as faithful Royals fans. The Braves played the Royals and since Atlanta is only three hours away, we planned a midweek mini-vacay to catch a game.
We arrived in Atlanta with little time to spare before the first pitch was thrown and since we weren't staying in close proximity to the stadium we decided to take the train.  My father and brother walked excitedly in front of my mother and I and by the time we reached the Marta station my father had already purchased our train passes, from a man who gave him a 'deal'.
Yep. Timmy got got.
His Royals apparel likely made him a prime pick.
It won't come as a surprise to many that these train passes were a bust and we had to buy new passes on the way back. While this made for a somewhat stressful start to our evening, soon we were laughing about it and it made for a great story.
atlanta-1
altanta-2
atlanta-3
atlanta-4
We had a great evening. I skipped the beer and went straight for the hot dog.
photo 1
photo
atlanta-5
We watched our Royals hold their own with the Braves up until the 8th inning, when they brought in a new pitcher and the poor darling gave up three home runs in one inning.
It kinda hurt to watch.

The following day the boys went to the afternoon game and my mother and I stayed in Buckhead to shop. A lovely way to spend the afternoon.
We missed a pretty good game as the Royals put an end to the Braves 10 game winning streak and Bo Jackson threw out the first pitch.
boknows

Everyone was happy with their day, although my mom and I both agreed we would have rather seen a W than an L...



No comments :

Post a Comment