January 18, 2013

five things

{1}
I started another photography class this week.
DSC_0004

{2}
I have a confession.
I can't poach an egg. 
It's hard.
So when I saw this egg poacher last week at the mall, I thought my ama de casa dilemma was solved.
DSC_0005
Wrong.
It wasn't much help.

{3}
Last night Matt and I tried Mashed Cauliflower.
Try it.
We were quite pleasantly surprised.

{4}
I really like slippers. It very well may have something to do with the type of footwear I choose,
{i don't always prioritize comfort}
but slippers feel great and make me happy.
For my birthday my sister gifted me with a pair of Minnetonka slippers.
DSC_0006
Obsessed.
Wear them constantly and if it wasn't 85 degrees outside, I would probably try to leave the house in them.
They make me ponder buying moccasin boots.
Which makes me ponder if I could pull off moccasin boots.

{5}
We grew up as Royals baseball fans and even bigger fans of third-baseman, George Brett, my father's all time favorite player.
My dad and Tyler had a chance to attend a function in which George was speaking.
Unfortunately, the event was scheduled the same day that it decided to snow in Knoxville.
If you've ever lived in or visited a Southern city that gets snow... it is madness. Everything shuts down, people burrow in their homes, and those on the road have no idea how to drive.
Fortunately, the snow didn't stop them and they made a little dream come true.
photo

1 comment :