October 25, 2012

299/366

Today...

I received a call from concierge at 9:20 am, stating that the building realtor and a man needed to take picture of my apartment at 9:30 am. Ten minutes of pure multi-tasking madness ensued and the photos were taken. Using my spanish skills I discovered the man was from the bank and when you have a mortgage the bank requires pictures of the home each year.


Today...

I took care of my husband's current honey-do list and enlisted the help of the building realtor with a few issues around the apartment {broken door knob & a guest bathroom door that doesn't shut}. She had a man here this afternoon and both projects were completed by the end of the day.
That's one productive Colombian day.

Today...

299.366
I began taking Spanish lessons.
Again.
Thank goodness.
My friend/teacher, Alicia, had an opening and I jumped at the chance to enhance my language skills again.

Today...

and the past few days I have immersed myself in the world of Photoshop Elements. I purchased the software this spring and have finally jumped in learning all the how to's, abouts, and short cuts.

Note: I also learned of another Apple|Adobe issue. I purchased the software from the Mac App store and discovered that this version does not allow for actions to be used, which is all the fancy stuff that photographers use in photo editing. Major bummer.

Today...

I began a London blog post.
Almost done.

Today...

I read this blog post and felt like the universe was speaking directly to me.

Today...

{as in 10 minutes ago}
I spotted the gecko again.
This time from the perch in my bed.
He was on the wall behind the television.
I woke Matt up as it was an emergency.
He complained, rolled out of bed, stood up, and stared until the gecko scurried along the wall and around the corner into the closet area where my clothes are the nearest.
So now I am panicking about falling asleep with a gecko in the room coupled with the fact that every time I close my eyes I envision trying to get my clothes and seeing gecko, walking around bare foot trying not to step on gecko, or putting my foot in a shoe and surprise! gecko.

sweet dreams.

No comments :

Post a Comment