October 22, 2012

296/366

Today, while sweeping the floor, I found a gecko.
He scurried along the white tile floor
as I screamed,
probably alarming the men who are working right outside our apartment door
retiling the steps.
He made his way to the guest bath
and that's where our story ends.

I shut the door,
refusing to deal with any part of it
and when Matt returned from work
I kindly asked him to check every nook and cranny of the bathroom
and stomp loudly on the floor to see if any scurrying occurred.

He likely made his way out of the strange window located in the guest bath that leads to no where.

For a bit of comfort I made quinoa for dinner.
296.366
It's like the new oatmeal,
meaning only that it fills me up and makes me happy the way oatmeal does.
It was paired with a shrimp recipe I found on Pinterest.

Making a healthy dinner helped me feel a bit more accomplished for the day...
{since the guest bath didn't get crossed off my cleaning to-do list}

No comments :

Post a Comment