October 21, 2012

295/366

Big Sunday.

We headed out this morning to Price Smart in Baranquilla,
with lists from friends of items to pick up,
while we went without a list.
We were in need of everything
so we took our time and filled our cart.

I've been dreaming of a food processor for a few months
and in the last few weeks I have become obsessed with a juicer.
A new organic restaurant opened near our apartment and we are in love.
Each time we go we order some amazing juice to go with our meals
and for a moments I fall into a trance while observing the juicer.
Friday night I told Matt I was going to ask Santa for one.

While browsing the aisles we stumbled upon a juicer and a food processor right next to each other.
Matt, remembering my recent obsession with both, began investigating and speaking of buying.
The thing that has stopped me from running out and brining home either of these appliances is our time frame here
{or lack there of... we still have no idea}
I invest in a kitchen appliance and then do I pack it in the suitcase when the time comes?
Matt did not hesitate.
His answer was no

So I declined the both appliances. I didn't think it was worth it.
Then my wise husband spoke again.
This time about happiness.
If something small and affordable can bring a little bit of happiness and ease to our lives,
then it is worth it.

So I came home with a food processor.

295.366

I'm still obsessed with a juicer.
But when it came down to the decision, a video clip appeared in my head in which I went on a juice binge for a month and then the juicer sat, collecting Colombian dust.

It was a serious day at Price Smart.
This is what the damage looked like in the elevator.
2012.october-1
2012.october-2

*****
Oh, Bella...
bellabailey
If it's not blatantly obvious, Bailey was in that chair first.

We have recently come to the conclusion that
1) when we return to the US and take custody of Bella there will be some kind of visitation necessary between Bella and my mother. They are quite the pair. Bella worships her. I can't say I blame her though.
2) if Bella is willing to return to our home, she will demand a companion. She no longer digs being an only dog.

No comments :

Post a Comment