August 31, 2012

244/366 {the island}

fixed plans
{source}

i once heard someone speak about looking forward to something as 'the island'... like on a day to day basis you are treading water in the middle of the ocean, but up ahead you see your island and you know it brings with it rest, relaxation, and happiness. The island up ahead provides you strength and motivation to keep going. I've been focused on my islands a little too much lately... Europe, my parents visit in November, turning 30, Christmas.

journey
{source}

Yes, so my islands are a little far out there. When I think about my islands I get wrapped up in them, so much so that I forget about being present as I tread the water.
For example, I was recently talking on the phone with a friend and she said something about the month of March.
Oh my gosh, that is soon!', I exclaimed.
'Ummm... Sarah, it's August. March really isn't that soon', she responded in her sweet voice.

molded
{source}

So, while I can't promise that I won't look at the islands or think about that number on the calendar that represents what is next in this adventure the Mr. and I call life ...
I am consciously trying to be in this moment.
the here
&
the now

244{2}



and for now, I'll be treading away.

happy friday


No comments :

Post a Comment