August 13, 2012

226/366

After one year, three months, and two weeks of living in Cartagena
{not counting my stints in America}
I've decided I prefer walking home with my groceries
226.366
I'm not sure why, exactly...
maybe because it is such a foreign concept for this midwestern girl who has always lived a life of an automobile being the main mode of transportation...
maybe it's because I enjoy crossing a few things off my list each day and going to the store is just one more of those things...
maybe it's because I like to use my big reusable green bags...
maybe it's because when I walk home with my groceries I don't have to load them in a cab, unload them from a cab {or watch people do this all for me} and use the big red grocery cart which usually leaves some sort of mark on my floors...
you know, I'm not quite sure what it is...
but I like it.

No comments :

Post a Comment