August 16, 2012

229/366

This weekend I found out that before we moved here, there was a Dunkin' Donuts in Boca Grande {our neighborhood}. Immediately I wanted an ice coffee and a donut hole. Obviously living in Colombia we get our fair share of coffee. But there are two main reasons why I would totally enjoy a American chain coffee shop nearby.
1. Any familiar comfort that reminds me of America makes me happy.
2. Coffee on the go. As in those paper cups with the sleeves. I like them. They don't exist here. Actually, the concept of coffee on the go really doesn't exist here. Unless you consider the vendors on the street that sell cups of coffee in little dixie like cups to be 'to go'.  But I don't.
While in Baranquilla we spotted a Cinnabon at the real mall. Which lead Matthew to believe that there was also a Dunkin' Donuts nearby. We asked someone and he told us that there was a Dunkin' Donuts located in the real mall.
Immediately I tasted my iced coffee.
After walking to the area of the supposed Dunkin' Donuts, we were informed by another educated mall employee that in fact, there is no Dunkin' Donuts in the real mall in Baranquilla.
Well since then, I can't shake my iced coffee craving.
229.366
Tip 1: Almond milk in iced coffee. Yum.
Tip 2: Using plastic ice cubes in iced coffee prevents any watered down coffee taste.

Still craving my coffee on the go, complete with paper cup and sleeve.

No comments :

Post a Comment