August 4, 2012

217/366

three things...

1. for dinner we had sushi. real sushi. from a small trendy little spot in the heart of the Old City. we've tried this gig before and been pretty unsuccessful, so I had pretty much given up hope that we would ever eat sushi in Cartagena and longed for a the next time we traveled and got our fill. I was slightly apprehensive that this new recommendation would meet my sushi standards, but it did. and I have one more reason to be happy in Cartagena
217.366

2. at dinner we sat next to a bilingual family. if you know me, you know I am an people watching, eavesdropping, analyzer {hence the counselor}.  when you are surrounded by a language you can't quite understand, your ears tend to perk and hear everything that is a familiar sound. the family that sat next to us spoke perfect English and Spanish. It was so interesting to listen to them. One moment the mother is speaking about the Superman educational documentary.. 'oh it was so interesting, these kids are tracked, they're tracked, they are on tracks..." then the son asks a question in Spanish and father makes a comment in English. so interesting. so hard to follow. My mind was boggled.

3. i miss bella. i talked about her at dinner last night. maybe it's her upcoming birthday or that I don't have a specific date of when I get to see the beauty again, but she has been on my mind a lot lately. recently i stumbled upon a website for this amazing dog photographer {found here}. let's just say this isn't helping.

No comments :

Post a Comment