December 19, 2012

354/366

I continue to bake.
dec19-2
It's like an addiction this week.
Just me, a spatula, my trusty oven, and a Christmas movie playing in the background.
With each batch I've made, the majority has been sent to work with Matt,
to spread some holiday cheer to those hardworking boys
and to keep the sugar out of my reach.

Today I tried my hand at a new holiday-bake-craft-project,
making cinnamon Christmas ornaments.
My ornament collection is quite limited here
so I thought layering on some additional pieces and fragrance would be a nice touch.
dec19-1
I checked out a few different recipes,
including Martha Stewart's.
{she called for craft glue and I wasn't sure if generic Colombian glue passes as craft glue}

I should have stuck with Martha.
My little cinnamon snowflakes didn't turn out near as pretty as they looked like in the pictures.
Let's be honest...
They're a hot mess.
dec19-4
Literally.
They are slightly burnt in spots.

Despite their appearance, they made it on the tree,
tucked away in some less obvious locations.
dec19-6

Moral of the story:
When in doubt, follow Martha.


No comments :

Post a Comment