December 11, 2012

346/366

For a little over a year we have been dealing with a terribly annoying high pitched 'EEEEE' sound that appears each time we turn on our water.
It happens when we turn on the water in the kitchen sink.
It happens when we do laundry.
It happens when we flush a toilet.

There is a closet right outside our front door that holds the water pipes and this is wear the shrieking sounds comes from.

A month ago we were finally successful in having someone come look at the problem.  The maintenance man, Benny, thought he had it fixed, but after a few hours the sound was back.
He came back last weekend and informed us that the regulator needed to be replaced.
After he obtained the necessary parts, he would return.

Benny came back this afternoon and spent some time right outside my door working on getting rid of the terribly annoying high pitched 'EEEE' sound.
{while I was having a Spanish lesson, which has to be hilarious for a Spanish speaker to listen to}
When he was finished Benny knocked on the door and asked me to turn on the hot water.
There was no sound at all.
I gave him a round of applause and thanked him.

About three minutes later I was folding some laundry in the bedroom when I heard a 'whoosh' sound.
I walked in the living room to find water rushing into my apartment from under the front door.
Apparently our little problem wasn't fixed
and now we had a different problem.

I immediately laid towels down to try to clean up some of the water, as it was making its way toward our tree and Christmas gifts. I picked up the phone and realized I had no idea how to call downstairs to the front desk. I immediately called my Spanish teacher, Alicia, and she called the front desk for me while I began cleaning up.
DSC_0002
DSC_0003

Our hot water is currently turned off until tomorrow morning when they return to repair the problem.
Again.

I hope Part II is not near as eventful as Part I.



No comments :

Post a Comment