March 20, 2013

officially a Latin American woman

At one of the very first 'ladies luncheons' I attended in Colombia, I met a kind and beautiful woman from another country in South America. We got to chatting and at some point she told me that she would like to teach me to be, "a Latin American woman." The first step to this process was securing a maid.
Unfortunately I didn't learn any other steps.
The first/only step is now complete.
Yesterday our new maid, Ladys, started. She is actually the former maid of my Spanish teacher, Alice so she comes with a glowing review and it helped that I have met her several times. With my upcoming travels we wanted to secure a maid to help Matt out while I was gone. It worked out even better that she was starting before I changed my ticket to she could familiarize herself with our casa and routine while I was still here.
Yesterday was one of my busier days {babysitting, pilates, gym, errands}.  When I left the house at about 8:45 am, Ladys was dusting my shoes and cleaning the closet floor. Then she organized our shoes. A girl after my own heart.
shoes
It's going to take some getting used to, someone spending the day in my house, cleaning around me,
but she is so sweet and I am totally reaping the benefits of a spotless home.
There is even an educational bonus...
she helps me work on my Spanish.


No comments :

Post a Comment