March 18, 2013

a change of date

My Colombia-itis has recently been addressed,
which resulted in a ticket change and an adios date of March 27.
I'm leaving two weeks early.

DSC_0034

It's a bit of a long story, but here's the revised version:

My husband has been mentioning the idea of me leaving a few weeks early for a while now.
This was brushed off by me, due to the guilty, selfish, wimpy feeling it gave me.
The topic was addressed again when Matt's work schedule was set to change,
{which by the way has been postponed again}
when he found out he will not have off the full four days for Easter vacay that he expected,
and finally when we addressed his current work load.

When we were in bed this entire weekend by 8:30,
{swear, lights out}
after Matt working all weekend and having a super stressful Sunday,
I decided maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all.

While I still have feelings of guilt for leaving,
{that poor boy hasn't been to America in almost one full year}
I remain hopeful that my hard working husband can get some well deserved rest and relaxation,
without having to entertain his wife, who happens to have a case of Colombia-itis.
I also promised to send him pictures of food. A lot of pictures.

So, now my head is spinning with to-do lists, to-pack lists, to-makes lists,
which is a nice change from the lack of lists I've been faced with for the past few weeks.

A girl can only embroider so many towels.

No comments :

Post a Comment