March 1, 2013

five things

{1}
Yesterday Misty told me she saw a man wearing this shirt:
colombianotcolumbia
I love it and it's a common mistake. People are often dropping the 'o' for a 'u', when discussing our South American country of residence. I was interested in where this brilliant shirt originated from and found this article.  It's a pretty interesting, discussing how often, even in professional instances, Colombia is misspelled. It also gives a few recommendations for must sees when visiting. Guess who's on the list?
Yes. Cartagena.

{2}
I know many of you are deep in the midst of snow, snow days, and more potential snow in March. Please forgive me in advance. I can't remember the last day we had a rainy or overcast day. The sun has been shining brightly everyday for a longtime. I love me some sunshine. But the closest thing I have to seasons here is overcast days. I need them every once in a while. Today I woke up to the beautiful sight of a darkened bedroom, with no light pouring in. An overcast day.
DSC_0074
I love it.

{3}
One of my latest projects.
DSC_0081
A chalkboard.
I thought it would be a fun, constantly changing little addition to the apartment.
The only problem is I couldn't find any sort of chalkboard here. They had white boards a plenty, but no old fashioned chalkboard.
So I made one. With a canvas and Martha Stewart's help making chalkboard paint, I whipped up my very own version. It doesn't have a permanent home yet, but we like trying it in different spots and are looking forward to displaying fun messages throughout the year.

{4}
I'm excited to see March on the calendar. Who doesn't love St. Patrick's Day {Colombians} and Easter brings us a nice little 4 day holiday, something we are desperately looking forward to. Bonus, we're that much closer to April, which will include Bella hugs and trips to Target for me and May, when Matt can finally relax American style after an entire year away.

{5}
This week we made fish tacos for dinner.
fishtacos
They were delish.
So much so that I kinda want them for dinner tonight.


No comments :

Post a Comment