January 14, 2013

routine

If there is anything I've learned since being in Colombia, it's that the locals love them some holidays.
If there is anything I've learned since beginning expat/ama de casa life, it's that routine is key.
These two things don't go well together.
For the past month, my routine has been shot. No pilates and no spanish lessons, which may seem simple enough, but has completely thrown off my daily schedule.
I've got plenty of little projects that have kept me busy, but there is just too much time on my hands.
Thankfully, vacation is over and my normal expat routine begins this week.
Not a moment too soon.

To celebrate the return of said routine I bought flowers.
flowers
Perfect start to the week.
flowers-2
*****

Matt and I had a quiet weekend.
We enjoyed a new pizza restaurant,
{no matter how long we live here we will never run out of restaurants to try}
used some gourmet mustard we bought in Paris for a Sunday sandwich,
mustard-4
and tried a new craft beer.
bogotabeerco
Best beer I've had in Cartagena.
If you have visited us, you know this doesn't seem like a great compliment,
but this was actually really good.

Sunday night we went to the movie, The Impossible.
{yes, we attended the correct film}
Upon my return home, I googled the chances of a tsunami in the Caribbean Sea.
Slim to none.
Whew.

No comments :

Post a Comment