January 15, 2013

jungle & dressings

I've told you the people here are crazy drivers.
Today, I was walking from pilates to the gym and was crossing the street.
There was a car at the corner beginning to turn right. My attention was then focused on the oncoming car.
There is no rule for pedestrians here.
It's like many things in Colombia... you go for it and see what happens.
You've got a 50/50 shot it will turn out okay.
So my attention was focused on the car coming towards me, gauging whether he was aware enough to slow down when he saw me step into the street or if I was risking my life.
He appeared to be slowing down so I made my way across the street...
but
before I made it to the other side that car on the corner decided he really didn't want to turn right and he needed to reverse.
Regardless of the cars behind him or of the gringa pedestrian attempting to cross the street.
His car was literally touching me and his lights were still on as if he was continuing to reverse,
even when cars started honking
{pretty sure this was for their own safety and not mine}
I made it across alive {obviously}
but not before I gave the irresponsible driver and very dirty look and raised my arms in that "what the hell?" kinda way.
Welcome to the jungle.

After such a dramatic morning, I figured I deserved a delish lunch.
cilantrodressing-2
I found this recipe for Cilantro Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.
cilantrodressing-3
Combined with a cobb salad, it was divine.

Take it from an ama de casa...
who almost got ran over.

No comments :

Post a Comment