January 3, 2013

new year | new look

Happy 2013!

I hope these first few days of a fresh new calendar find you all excited about the possibilities of 2013.

I've been busy, getting out of the Christmas haze {tree is gone} and trying to concentrate on the goals, wishes, and dreams I envision for 2013.

....new year...

We rang in the new year with friends at a rooftop dinner and party at Hotel Monterrey, which has an incredible view of the Old City and its midnight fireworks.
photo 5
photo 1
photo 2

I learned that South America has a few of their own NYE traditions. A bunch of grapes are passed out before midnight and when the clock strikes twelve, each person is invited to eat 12 grapes, to represent good luck for each month of the new year.
The trick is you are expected to eat 12 grapes in 12 seconds {if I understood correctly}.

photo 3
What makes this even trickier is the grapes have seeds.

I also learned that it is customary to wear yellow underwear on NYE for good luck.
Sorry.
I have no explanation or experience with that one.
photo 4

...new look...

If you've checked the blog in the past few days, you may have noticed she is sporting a new look
{actually she has had a few of them}
and a name change.

Up top there is a new header and a few buttons that link up to an about page, my pinterest page, and instagram.
header
I wasn't really feeling a blog title with our first names anymore and have been thinking about some possibilities for a while.
I didn't want anything too focused on expat life {since we don't intend to live like this forever}
and I was hoping for something more creative than our names.

We liked 'The Bella Diaries' for its multiple meanings.
Yes, it takes its name from our dog.
{we are those people}
However, bella is also a Spanish/Italian word that means beauty.
We thought 'the beautiful diaries' was an excellent way to describe this daily adventure we're on together.

Wishing you a beautiful/bella start to your 2013!


No comments :

Post a Comment