January 8, 2013

|five things|

{one}
Cartagena has been crazy since New Years.
Monday was a holiday {Dia de los Reyes Magos or Epiphany}.  Apparently these back to back holiday weekends makes it quite 'posh' to be seen in Cartagena, so the city fills with tourists, the beaches are packed, the traffic is sick, and it's very difficult to get around.
Word is the crowds are supposed to dissipate.
However, the beach is still pretty full.
photo
Matt and I braved the traffic and went out to the Old City on Friday night for sushi, where two other tables sitting near us spoke English.
This never happens, unless the city is packed with tourists.
Instead of fighting crowds over the weekend, I decided to relax with a puzzle.
Of London.
Which was a lovely way to spend the day.
puzzle

{two}
On Sunday, Matt went golfing and I went to PriceSmart with some friends. It was a good trip with lots of loot, including cheese, turkey, animal crackers, almond milk and pine nuts.
I am ridiculously happy about these.
After asking several people in Cartagena, I decided that pine nuts don't exist here.
Once again, PriceSmart came through. I embarrassed to say how much I paid, so I wont.
But I am very excited to add them to pastas and salads,
but mostly to make my own pesto.
pinenuts

{three}
I've obviously shared my love for the barre3 workout before. They started off the new year with a 28 to great challenge.  Basically it involves a month of scheduled barre3 workouts and a nutrition plan, which is mailed to your house with a shopping list, recipes, and additional information. This was a problem for two reasons. 1} We've now come to the conclusion that mail is not reliable here. 2} A grocery list that includes almond butter and flax seed isn't going to get you very far in Cartagena.
So I Colombified the plan to suite me and scheduled a little 28 to great challenge of my own.
28togreat

{four}
While I compose this post I'm snacking on this.
juice
Beet, Carrot, Apple, & Ginger in a juice.
The juicer is a hit in our house and has been used nearly everyday.

{five}
I'm the Champion.
boxerbella
Team Bella Boxer won the PetSafe Fantasy Football League Championship.
I don't have a trophy, but I don't mind the bragging rights.
Plus I have the cutest mascot ever.
2012.may-15

No comments :

Post a Comment