May 9, 2011

Thanks Mom.

These...
cardsforma
are Mother's Day cards I purchased while in the States. However, they are not en route to the states, because I have yet to figure out how the postal system works here. And even if I did, I would probably be unable to convey what I wanted to the kind postal worker. 
So, if my upcoming week had a theme, it would be Rosetta Stone. 


Matt and I had a nice weekend that included a trip downtown to a dirty mercado, lots of food, our first Latin American dance experience, and a few hours at the mall. We are becoming more familiar with our surroundings, but have a long way to go.


That "vacation" feel is starting to wear off, but I don't think I will feel completely settled until we have ourselves actually unpacked in an apartment, with pictures hung, and internet/DirecTV installed. After "house hunting" we found a place we would like to call home, but that is only the first step. Matt's company requires a security check (looking for things like locks, peep holes, secured railings, etc.), the owner than makes the necessary changes, and then they work out the contract part. So, I am practicing patience. 


Another thanks to our moms,


The most amazing women we know.
Two women who instilled in us a sense of adventure... (they probably didn't know how much)
Who show us unwavering support.
Two woman who can bring smiles to our faces from miles and miles and miles away.


Thanks mom.
xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment