May 30, 2011

happy memorial day

and other random things...

  • I hope you are all enjoying your 3-day weekend. Here in Colombia, we don't celebrate Memorial Day so it was another Lunes, Lunes around here.
  • Today I found myself thinking back to our Memorial Day 2010. I think we stayed around Beaumont, grilled out, played in the yard with Bella, enjoyed some wine, and worked on preparing 885 East Drive for her future owners. Seriously, what a difference a year makes. I know I've shared this phrase a lot, but get used to it. It's still quite shocking for me. 2010-2011... worlds (literally) apart.
  • In a previous post I discussed our attendance of a film at the theater. I shared the cost and unfortunately made a mistake. I stated that a movie theater ticket was 88,000 pesos. That would actually be $44 USD and not quite the deal I made it out to be. A movie ticket is actually 8,800 pesos. You'll have to excuse my error. I'm still wrapping my head around all these zeros.
  • While you are enjoying a long weekend we had quite a short one. Matt had a training all day Saturday so our only day together was Sunday. It was a great Sunday though. Started with bloody mary's at breakfast, a day at the beach, and our traditional Sunday dinner at the steak house, Carbon de Pallo. 
  • I scored these Ray Ban's at the beach yesterday.
rayban
  • Don't worry. They are my beach sunglasses. I am not wondering around Cartagena solo trying to draw that much attention to myself.
  • Drumroll please.... We are moving out of the HIlton and into an apartment. Tomorrow afternoon we are signing a contract and they are handing over the keys. 
  • I feel a little like this...

  • SO excited, with a lot to do. Packing up all the items from the Hilton, making lists (lotso'lists) of things to do, to purchase, and hoping it all goes down without a hitch. But don't worry, I am not taking any drugs nor I am 'so scared' like Jessie Spano.
  • Moving to our new apartamento will mean a slight break in communication. We will not be available for Skype and blogging until our internet is all hooked up. So, I apologize in advance for the lack of posts, but it will be worth the wait. Promise.
  • Adios from the Hilton. 
Yours Truly,

Eloise

No comments :

Post a Comment