March 16, 2015

spring

DSC_0004

The days of sunshine, cool nights, and tolerable temps are upon us.
It's officially Spring in SE Texas.

So to welcome spring in, we did a little spring planting this morning.

Herbs.

My green thumb is more of a purple or magenta shade, so my track record for keeping anything alive in dirt isn't great.
But I've always wanted to have fresh herbs at my fingertips, so we'll start here.
DSC_0008
Lauren was my helper.

Which consisted of her moving and stacking the pots and losing the mint seeds, which lead to a five minute treasure hunt.

DSC_0009

At this point, I'm a little unsure of the potential success in my herb garden.
We planted basil, mint, cilantro, and rosemary in individual pots.
The pots are currently on an outdoor windowsill on the side of the house since the patio space in our backyard doesn't see any sun.

DSC_0014

But my handy husband has offered to build me something to showcase these herbs on that will indeed see sunlight..
so hopefully my green magenta thumb pulls through.

At least we see the green of the rosemary...
it was the only one I could find that wasn't in seed form.


No comments :

Post a Comment