April 20, 2012

that girl

eleven years ago, 
to the day,
I participated in the AHS Class of 2001 Senior Skip Day
I recall telling my parents my rebellious plan of action and requested their assistance in pulling it off...
in other words I needed someone to call in for me
my mother took herself out of the game immediately, 
stating that she 'would not lie' for me
after a conversation with my father I had a guardian on board
but in true TLS fashion I was expected to complete a 'to-do' list that morning to help prepare for my brothers upcoming Confirmation that weekend
when the day came I completed my to-do list early in the morn and headed out to join my fellow senior skippers...
but my story doesn't end here
on Monday, 
for the first time, 
I was called to Jennifer Lindeman, the AP's office. 
She informed me that I would be serving detention,
the first in my educational career,
because helping with household chores was not a valid excuse to miss a school day.
apparently, my father wouldn't lie for me either
but here I am
eleven years later
saying thank you
for your guidance, 
a lesson in a lie,
and for not making me
that girl
the one that never served a detention...
US2011-84
{even if my first occurred within a month of graduation}

No comments :

Post a Comment