April 29, 2012

120/366

ouch.
I'm a little too sun kissed...
it was a hot and uncharacteristically dramatic weekend at the Pour House
apr29-2
Let me take you back to Saturday afternoon, enjoying 80 degree weather, drinking a cervesa, glancing at a good ole tabloid magazine amongst conversation when I realize that the deck connected to the floating cottage is floating to the other side of the house... a complete 180 degree rotation
See what had happened was...
A 'U bolt' {things are about to get real technical} came loose which released a chain that holds the whole place together. Fortunately the lively neighbors had a couple of regulars over and they began devising a plan to put the deck back in its place, using a pontoon boat to push it. By the time this debacle was over, we had three pontoons working together in-between disbursements of liquor and beer. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures... it was far too entertaining
{confession: the reason I don't have pictures is I was sort of afraid... see the real kind gentlemen that helped us out would technically be defined as 'red neck' and after being subjected to the way they spoke to one another I was slightly afraid to draw any attention to myself. I figured bringing out a large camera and snapping away was asking to be mocked}
It was a wild afternoon. Thankfully the repairs made kept us in one place for the remainder of the weekend.
apr29-3
On Sunday we were enjoying yet another warm sunny afternoon when a small boat carrying a man and dog floated closely by the Pour House. This defines excitement for three dogs. They exhibited this feeling by hopping around, barking, and coming right up to the edge of the deck.
then my dog jumped in.
120.366
yes. my surgical recovering water hating boxer  hopped right in
{we all know she probably fell in, but for her sake and as not to create any more of a complex I will state that she 'jumped'}
Thank goodness lifeguard Gib was there to help her. His flight or fight instinct was in full force and he immediately jumped in right after her {into cold water... it may have been warm temps, but the water is not quite there yet}
It was a sight... as she realized she was in water, she began thrashing around, trying to use Gib's head as leverage to get out. After he saved her life, she hung around him for a while... like she knew things could have been a lot scarier if she had to rely on me.
Our relaxing afternoon continued until a Sheriff's helicopter began flying over head at rapid speeds, circling around, dipping low towards the water several times while Ann and I dramatically made up ideas of the potential situation. We still have no idea. We just know it was not normal.
apr29-4
The Pour House is a lot of fun each time we go out, but as you can tell from this post, for the most part it's a quiet place. No wonder I'm so tired... my relaxation was disturbed on multiple occasions.
apr29
Excuse me while I go reapply the aloe...

No comments :

Post a Comment