April 26, 2012

Kentucky gal

Kentucky has me smitten...
I knew it would be a great weekend based on the company I was keeping, but I didn't anticipate having such a crush on Kentucky... 
the landscape is green and plush, 
the towns are adorable, 
and the horse racing, 
oh, the horse racing. 
Any event where hats are welcome and multiple men are dressed in seersucker suits... 
Sign me up.
kentucky2
kentucky3
I didn't win big at the races, but anytime I can people watch in-between cheering for a mammal that I chose solely based on it's name... 
winning.
On Saturday, we headed to Heaven Hill, where I experienced my first tour of a distillery and bourbon tasting. 
kentucky4
Much different than a wine tasting... apparently there is a legal limit to the amount of tasting that you can do 
{probably for good reason}
kentucky6
kentucky9
kentucky7
kentucky10
After educating ourselves in all things bourbon, our evening continued with a musical performance, Otis Gibbs & James McMurtry, two talented singer/songwriters.
kentucky11
kentucky13
We had a fantastic evening, 
{how could you not with three generations of Schoenfelders and bourbon}
that ended with a trip to Applebee's for some much needed munching...
were you aware select Applebee's are open until 2 am on the weekends?...lifesaver
Sunday, we continued down the bourbon beat onto Buffalo Trace, a gorgeous distillery.
kentucky15
kentucky18
kentucky17
kentucky16
kentucky20
kentucky21
kentucky22
kentucky24
kentucky25
Thank You Kentucky
...until we meet again





No comments :

Post a Comment