April 17, 2012

108/366

I was able to let out a deep sigh today, 
when Matt informed me that his 'birthday box' was in his possession.

Since we won't be together for Matt's 30th birthday
{i am far more devastated by this than he is... i loves me a birthday}
I wanted to commemorate the occasion in some way
{besides the celebrations we will have when we are reunited}

I put together a 'birthday box' full of 29 gifts that remind me of Matt
a few of his favorite things
big and small
and when we celebrate together he will receive his 30th gift.

After a brief discussion about whether to open it now vs. his birthday
I was able to convince him that there were several goodies he should be able to enjoy while he was still a 20-something..
Screen Shot 2012-04-17 at 9.51.57 PM
... like the massive amounts of candy, gushers, and fruit roll ups inside.

Some other highlights...

matt is a former dinosaur lover.
i just love this shirt.
Screen Shot 2012-04-18 at 11.31.48 AM
you know my diet coke obsession.
mcquinn is much better about staying hydrated with H20...
a necessity in Cartagena
and now he has {my new favorite} water bottle to help him out with that
camelbak.better.bottle
we missed Michael Scott saying adios last year
now Matt can watch it while he binges on starbursts, milk duds, sour patch kids, reeces pieces, beef jerky, hot tamales, and nibs
the-office

He even has a few more gifts wrapped up to open on cinco de mayo
Screen Shot 2012-04-17 at 10.06.39 PM

Happy EARLY  Birthday Matt....
and I hope you enjoy what's left of your twenties....
...17 days to be exact

No comments :

Post a Comment