October 28, 2011

4-2

Matt and I managed to keep with our tradition of a little friendly Halloween competition. Although Colombia is all about Halloween, they don't participate in pumpkin carving. So, we took advantage of the American soil and carved pumpkins a little early.

Drum roll please.

Pumpkin A
DSC_0368

Pumpkin B
DSC_0376

Can you guess who the winner is?
Uh-huh.
This guy.
DSC_0386

I don't want to be a sore loser, but I feel like I must share what happened to my pumpkin. I chose to clean and carve my pumpkin outdoors on a beautiful Tennessee afternoon. Then my pumpkin sat outside on this beautiful Tennessee afternoon waiting for night to fall so we could light a candle and let the competition begin. This beautiful Tennessee afternoon did a number on my pumpkin. It basically melted it. I came outside and my pumpkin had sunk in and the bats had completely detached. I had to do some surgical maneuvers with toothpicks and pins to bring it back to competition form.
DSC_0384
So that brings us to the score.
Matt: 4
Sarah: 2

Seriously. I was really hoping to tie it up this year.
This competition isn't going to be so friendly if we see 14-2.
Better luck next year.

Happy Halloween!

No comments :

Post a Comment